Marketing Communications SpecialistInstead of just getting a job, build your career with the company Providence Business News called one of the best companies to work for in Rhode Island.
Founded in 2000, InsureMyTrip is a dynamic and growing presence in the travel insurance market, and in the Rhode Island job market! Using our proprietary technology, we provide one of the most successful websites in the industry, and we are always looking to make it better. We are a successful and growing organization that needs new talent to help facilitate our on-going success.
Due to recent growth, we have the following full-time position available:
Marketing Communications Specialist
With a primary focus on customer acquisition and retention, the Communications Specialist has a critical role in coordinating the various channels of communication between IMT and our customers, as well as between IMT and the media. These efforts are in support of Marketing Department goals and initiatives which are driven by the company strategy to grow the business and become the largest online seller of travel insurance. The Communications Specialist is an integrated marketing practitioner with a proven track record of successful campaign planning and tactic execution. This person should have excellent knowledge of public/media relations, social media tools and trends, retention strategies, events as well as a thorough understanding of third-party email providers and relevant strategies. As the voice of InsureMyTrip, the Communications Specialist is responsible for ensuring that our communication to the media and our customers is consistent, clear and effective.
1. Drive and execute key communication strategies for internal and external communications while ensuring consistency of company brand, tone and message.
2. Manage all media relations efforts including relationships, messaging, campaigns, interviews, tools and material execution.
3. Monitor and manage existing customer relationships to understand trends and acquire feedback, references, case studies.
4. Develop and execute email strategies that are relevant and appealing to target audience including newsletters, welcome, nurture, retention and acquisition.
5. Drive the calendaring, messaging, testing, audience selection, creative development, and analysis/key insights for your campaigns.
6. Manage a third-party email vendor to build and launch multiple email campaigns simultaneously.
7. Assist in the development of a customer retention program to enhance brand loyalty and build brand advocates.
8. Maintain effective relationships with external vendors and internal departments in an effort to meet goals and deadlines.
Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, business or similar education. MBA a plus.
Marketing professional with a minimum of 3 years of experience, specifically working in media relations, communications and email strategies.
Strong writing and verbal communication skills; the ability to work effectively with staff and media at all levels.
Experience with social media trends and tools working with the media.
Experience with modern demand generation tools, including marketing automation software and CRM systems, a plus.
Event experience a plus.
Results-oriented, customer-focused with a take charge, self-starter attitude.
Ability to take ownership and full accountability.
An intellectual curiosity about marketing trends and the ability to remain current.
Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven tasks simultaneously.
Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
Collaborative, team-oriented work style.
PC literate and highly skilled using Microsoft Office Suite.
Work in a modern, comfortable office environment with free parking
Dress in casual attire
Paid training program
Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization
Wellness benefits include health and dental insurance, and a vision plan
Employer provided retirement account contributions (100% vested from day 1)
Paid time off (company holidays, and 16 PTO days in first year)
Conveniently located in Warwick, RI, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.