TRAVEL INSURANCE IS A POWERFUL FORCE AGAINST HURRICANES SAYS INSUREMYTRIP.COM
WARWICK, RI, June 9, 2008–Mother Nature is often at her worst during hurricane season, a six-month weather window which began June 1st and continues through the end of November. This year looks to be no exception as NOAA predicts six to nine hurricanes, including several major ones of Category 3 or higher, for the 2008 Hurricane Season. So if your plans include traveling to, or if you live in a hurricane-prone region, remember that travel insurance is a prudent investment that provides peace-of-mind protection against severe weather.
“The first step to protecting your travels during hurricane season is to always plan ahead,” advises Jim Grace, President and CEO of InsureMyTrip.com, the leading online travel insurance comparison site. Trip cancellation and interruption protection is based on the unexpected happening. So you want to purchase coverage before a tropical storm or hurricane is on the weather map.
“Equally as important, travelers should know that coverage for weather-related trip cancellations and interruptions differ significantly by company and plan,” continues Grace. The coverage spectrum includes:
- Weather Cancellation: when common carriers such as airlines and cruise lines stop travel to a particular destination due to weather
- Cancellation due to Hurricane Warning: cancellation of your trip if your destination is under a NOAA-issued hurricane warning
- Destination made Uninhabitable: if your hotel, resort, or vacation rental is devastated by a storm
- Primary Residence made Uninhabitable: your own home sustains destructive storm damage
- Cancel For Any Reason– an optional benefit that allows you to choose whether or not to cancel.
InsureMyTrip.com’s expert team of insurance professionals can help you understand all of the available protection options and select the one that’s right for you. Call us at 800. 487.4722, or visit us today at www.InsureMyTrip.com to protect your travels and get the best of Mother Nature.
# # #
Established in 2000, InsureMyTrip.com is the leading, consumer-oriented online travel insurance aggregator worldwide. Featuring insurance comparisons from the top industry providers, InsureMyTrip.com is a unique, one-stop resource designed to meet consumers’ comprehensive travel insurance needs all in a secure environment. InsureMyTrip.com also specializes in providing integrated technology solutions for the travel insurance industry, with over 2,000 private-labeled and co-branded travel-related websites around the globe. InsureMyTrip.com is headquartered in Warwick, RI with additional offices and data centers in Connecticut and Oregon.