Protect Your Holiday Travels With Travel Insurance and Don’t Get Left Out In the Cold Advises InsureMyTrip.com
WARWICK, RI, November 6, 2012—According to the Farmers’ Almanac long-term forecast, temperatures will be much colder this winter, from the East Coast westward to a line from the Dakotas to Texas, so be sure to bundle before you trundle home for the holidays. Frigid temps any time are rarely popular, but during the busiest travel season of the year, they can only spell trouble. From icing planes and runways, to blinding blizzards and vicious winds, winter weather is truly a force to be reckoned with, so don’t take any chances. This holiday season, get travel insurance and protect your trip to Grandma’s.
“Travel insurance provides significant coverage for some of the most common travel risks including severe weather, delays and missed connections, sudden illness, and lost baggage,” says Jim Grace, President of InsureMyTrip.com. “Purchasing travel insurance protection is important but selecting the best policy to meet your needs and concerns is critical.” Whether you’re a first-time travel insurance consumer or a veteran customer, the following guidelines can help you through the choosing and buying process.
- Know what you most want to protect: From your travel investment to your personal health, travel insurance can provide the coverage you need when you need it most.
- Know what you have: Travel insurance protects many things that are not covered by credit cards, homeowner policies, and healthcare plans. Know what you have then research and compare the coverages available.
- Buy sooner than later: Trip Cancellation Package Policies offer the broadest protection, including coverage for trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and travel delay, as well as medical and emergency evacuation. To receive the most benefit from the travel insurance policy including financial default protection and coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, the majority of the policies require that you purchase your policy within 10 to 30 days of your First Trip Payment.
- Protect your baggage: Current data estimates that 30 million bags are mishandled each year as a result of airport congestion, reduced flight availability, and mounting baggage volumes. Remember to protect your bags during the busy travel season with a comprehensive Package Policy including coverage for baggage.
- Take control of your travel: Travel insurance affords many options to help you manage your travels. “Cancel For Any Reason” is one such optional benefit that empowers travelers to cancel trips for any reason of their choosing including schedule conflicts, bad weather, even a case of the flu. This coverage varies by company and must be purchased within 10-30 days of your First Trip Payment.
Wherever and whenever you are traveling, travel insurance is a prudent investment and your best defense against many of the most common travel risks. To learn more about the protection plans that can make all your holiday travels shiny and bright, visit www.insuremytrip.com or call (800) 487-4722 to speak with a licensed travel insurance representative. Whether you simply need one question answered or want step-by-step assistance selecting a travel insurance policy, InsureMyTrip’s expert Customer Care representatives are available to help seven days a week, 365 days a year.
For all the latest in travel insurance information, connect with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter (@insuremytrip).
# # #
Established in 2000, InsureMyTrip is the leading online travel insurance aggregator worldwide. Featuring insurance comparisons from the top industry providers, InsureMyTrip is a one-stop resource designed to meet travelers’ comprehensive insurance needs all in a secure environment. Enhancing the insurance buying experience, InsureMyTrip features a Customer Ratings & Reviews community forum for traveler feedback, discussion and information exchange. InsureMyTrip also specializes in providing custom retail and wholesale travel insurance solutions in the education and mission travel markets. InsureMyTrip is headquartered in Warwick, R.I., with additional offices and data centers in Connecticut and Oregon.