Back End Software Engineer
We’re in search of a Back End Software Engineer who specializes in server-side components to join our fun and dedicated team at InsureMyTrip. In this role, you’ll primarily work in PHP, Python, Nuxt and Node.js and will bring a depth of knowledge on scaling products through microservices and data structures. As a Back End Software Engineer, on any given day you might be architecting new features for our customers, developing APIs, refactoring existing legacy code to be more scalable, or flowing changes to production We love to collaborate and brainstorm to solve complex software challenges.
If this sounds like you, read on!
As a backend engineer you should be comfortable around multiple coding languages (PHP, Python, etc.), AWS (Lambda, ECS, etc.), Node.js, and third-party libraries. You should have experience designing and creating services and system architecture. As part of this cross functional team, you should be comfortable contributing and providing feedback to other team members. You should also be comfortable working on a Scrum team using Agile methodologies.
To excel at this position, you should:
- Have familiarity with common stacks
- Have knowledge of modular stacks (ex. REST, JSON)
- Understand databases (ex. MySQL, MongoDB)
- Have experience deploying and running applications in AWS
- Help improve our code quality by writing unit tests, creating automation, and performing code reviews
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and System Administrators
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements and then translate that understanding into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Bring excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Have great attention to detail and effective organizational skills
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent education / experience
- 3+ years of experience as a member of a Software Development team
- Proven experience as a backend Engineer or similar role
- Experience scaling production web applications
- eCommerce experience
- Familiarity with the AWS
- Experience with CI/CD