Lead Web Engineer
InsureMyTrip is looking for software engineers to join our team to help build our next gen web technology. We’re looking for natural leaders who can understand our codebase and business goals, who have a comprehensive knowledge of the web and how it works, and who can design and implement new applications using modern technologies on top of our existing applications.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on a cross functional team and explaining technical solutions to non-technical members, will be knowledgeable of current events in web technologies, has a passion for delivering elegant solutions to difficult problems, and be able to align the team’s goals to help form a cohesive, motivated team.
If you are driven to deliver great software using new tech and best practices, excited by teaching both technical and non-technical coworkers, comfortable finding the right way to integrate the right framework in the time we have, but also able to sit back and have conversation or play a few rounds on our ping pong tables, then reach out; we’d love to hear from you.
- Write detailed documentation and diagrams
- Troubleshoot and debug current applications
- Mentor less experienced developers and help to develop their technical and professional skills
- Work with management to help establish goals and processes as related to technology initiatives and strategic direction
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders to improve efficiency and foster understanding of resource allocation and timeframes
Requirements and Desired Skills (Front End)
- 6+ years experience as a member of a Software Development team
- Strong writing and speaking communication abilities
- Persistent desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Have an understanding of the languages we use, or be able to learn them, to contribute to our code
- Thorough understanding of responsive web design, fluid layouts, and positioning
- Thorough understanding of performance, cross-browser / cross-device development, testing, optimization, and coding for search engine optimization
- performance-tune and optimize an application with minimal assistance
Skills (Back End)
- Thorough understanding of json, REST, Git, MySQL, NoSQL applications
- Experience with CI, Real Deployment
- Write scalable, security minded software
- Familiar with different SDLC and project management approaches
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion – 16 days during the first year of employment plus 9 company holidays
- Generous employer contribution to 401(k) retirement account with full vesting after 30 days of employment
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan, long-term disability and life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization
- Flexible work schedules
- Free coffee, hot chocolate and tea
- Free annual travel insurance policy
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking
If interested in this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always interested in hearing from talented people!