If you are passionate about SEO and want to be part of a fast-paced, tight-knit team, this role may be for you! We need a strong SEO professional who can join our digital marketing team. Your ability to interact successfully with cross-functional teams and build collaborative relationships will be key as we expand our SEO function. This role will be a key player on a greater website scrum team to provide SEO best practices and recommendations for optimization, URLs, redirects, site structure, and off-page linking practices. Plus, you’ll have the eyes and ears of senior Marketing and Travel Insurance leaders!
- Conduct end-to-end keyword research, search theme analysis, content structuring and creation:
- Writing specification documents and designing experiments to test new strategies and opportunities for growth.
- Deep analysis on landing pages and sessions to report on performance of tests and organic channel.
- Manage routine site crawling, technical issue reporting and SEO ticket management:
- Tightly collaborate with development teams to ensure both existing properties and new feature development have SEO requirements represented.
- Work within a scrum team.
- Execute on-page optimization projects in conjunction with Website Team:
- Keyword-content mapping decision.
- Technical optimization for page title, URL, META tags, heading, and alt text tags, etc.
- Manage SEO link building campaigns:
- Assist with regular backlink audit and spam link cleanup.
- Analyze competitors' link profile to inform our link acquisition strategy.
- Provide support and direction for off-page link acquisition projects.
- Create the site link strategy and content optimization to best leverage our product and content assets for SEO.
- Content copy optimization to assist content marketing strategy:
- Internal cross-linking and anchor text optimization.
- Re-optimize pages on a regular basis to maintain consistent high search engine visibility.
- Assist with shaping content and content strategy for SEO optimization.
- Assist with improving performance of product and content funnels to increase conversion and drive overall product improvements.
- Use SEO industry tools and web analytics to track projects and report performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Writing, or other related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of SEO experience with on-page optimization and keyword research.
- Proficiency in SEO industry tools, such as Google AdWords Keyword Planner, SEMRush, Screaming Frog Spider, Moz Pro, and Linkdex.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Solid logic reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact successfully with cross-functional teams and build collaborative relationships.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Career-minded, hardworking and detail oriented. A self-starter.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion (16 during first year, plus 9 company holidays)
- Generous employer provided retirement account contributions with full vesting after 30 days of employment
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization
- Flexible work schedules
- Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Free annual travel insurance
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan, long-term disability and life insurance
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking