Software Engineering Manager
We’re seeking a full-time Software Engineering Manager to provide hands-on leadership for a full-stack multidisciplinary team building and enhancing products and systems across our websites and internal tools. We are looking for someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. A person with a passion for delivering the highest quality product as well as leading others to do the same. This position will report to the Director of Technology, Operations, and will work closely with other departments in an effort to help the company achieve our short term and strategic goals.
Ideally you are someone who understands that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. You are someone with high standards who will push us to be better, and who will take pride in InsureMyTrip. You have led engineering teams and earned the respect of talented teammates. You are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development process and technology career development.
- Grow, mentor, and inspire the Engineering Team by owning all elements of the employee life cycle: recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, performance reviews, training, personal development, etc.
- Work with technical leadership to develop a cohesive software development strategy, methodology, discipline and framework.
- Be an advocate of continuous team improvements including education, experimentation, use of appropriate tools and best practices.
- Provide quality assurance and programming technical expertise, e.g. proper use of software test techniques, engineering standards and design patterns.
- Be an escalation point for all matters related to engineering and operate as a primary point of contact for the software team.
- Advocate for quality, establish its metrics, and the standards by which it is determined throughout the software development life cycle.
Desired Experience & Abilities
- 5+ years of work experience in a technology leadership role, mentoring and guiding the work of others.
- The ability to effectively engage and inspire others, as well as to persuade others to help facilitate change and establish new processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with people at every level within the organization.
- The ability to guide a technical team to achieve important goals together.
- An understanding of the value derived from delivering software rapidly and learning / iterating on the results.
- The ability to coach multidisciplinary software teams, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers in both quality assurance and programming.
- Experience in all phases of developing and delivering modern web technologies and web services.
- Have a focus on customer experience, curiosity about how things fit together and a passion for driving improvements to raise the overall quality of our work.
- A good sense of humor and a desire to have fun in a professional environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion – 16 days during the first year of employment
- Generous employer contribution to 401(k) retirement account with full vesting after 30 days of employment
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan, long-term disability and life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization
- Flexible work schedules
- Free coffee, hot chocolate and tea
- Free annual travel insurance policy
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking
Send your interest about this position to email@example.com. We're always interested in hearing from talented people!