Sr. UX Designer
We are seeking a full-time Sr. UX Designer to design stunning web experiences and interactions for our users. You will be a part of our product development process from research and ideation to design and development to data centric evaluation of our user experiences. We have built our business by putting users first and UX plays a critical role in all we do. You will work closely with our data team, marketing, customer care and scrum teams to integrate UX into our product roadmaps and deliver excellence. The ideal candidate will have the perfect balance of analytics, creativity and innovation with great UX project skills. Also, will lead a team of one UX designer and a graphic designer as the lead creative visionary for the company.
- Conduct site and customer research to uncover ways to delight our users across every device and channel they use with our products.
- Be the UX subject matter expert. Create recommendations based on expertise and make business cases to the Product Owner to illustrate the importance of your recommendations based on user data and your understanding of business strategy.
- Develop and communicate your vision and designs through storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts needed as you work with our cross-functional teams to deliver great products.
- Understand emerging UX design trends and best practices, always working to stay up to date and communicate your findings and knowledge with the team, be an advocate for intentional design.
- Clearly communicate and work effectively with both development teams and QA analysts and have the ability to create detailed specifications and designs to hand off to these teams.
- Determine overall company Brand strategy and website look and feel in conjunction with Director of Marketing, UX and graphic designer.
Desired Experience & Abilities
- 6+ Years of UX design experience for ecommerce websites and web applications working with cross-functional agile teams. Experience working in insurance industry a plus.
- Proven track record of researching, designing, and delivering exceptional data driven web UX across all devices in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience leading and managing design personnel.
- The ability to effectively work in a collaborative manner with other individuals and teams.
- Familiarity with research tools and techniques such as Google Analytics, Optimize, Hot Jar, user testing, customer interviews, small focus-groups, surveys, etc.
- Outstanding UX empathy with a great ability to solve user’s problems.
- Track record of delivering ecommerce best practices, emerging innovations and both progressive and responsive web design.
- Strong working knowledge of design / prototype tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Axure, and Sketch. Experience in other UX tools will also be considered.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and other web development languages and technologies
- Experience with UX within Agile & Lean environments including an ability to create, refine, and prioritize stories.
- Experience with travel insurance is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off (PTO), 12 company holidays plus 15 days to be used at employee’s discretion.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match.
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan, long-term disability and life insurance.
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Work remotely or dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking.