Web Applications Developer
InsureMyTrip is looking for several developers to join our Development team. We are currently in the process of renovating our core architecture, breaking up a monolithic PHP code-base into a modular service-based model written in Python / Flask on the back-end, and HTML/CSS/JS (using Aurelia) with some PHP/Python on the front-end.
We're happy to talk to candidates who lean more towards front-end or back-end!
On the back-end, we're looking for people with a strong knowledge base of network and web fundamentals, RESTful architecture and API design.
If you've got both, we're double interested in meeting with you!
Additionally, our ideal candidates are comfortable having technical discussions, able to weigh trade-offs of different ideas and motivated to find simple, elegant solutions to problems.
Working remotely is available for the right candidate.
Desired Skills / Attributes
- 5+ years experience as a member of a Software Development team
- (front-end) Strong HTML / CSS / JS knowledge
- (front-end) Experience implementing User Experience focused designs
- (back-end) Web service development experience in Python (using Flask is a plus)
- (back-end) Relational and NoSQL Database Experience (at the moment, we use MySQL, Redis and Memcache)
- A security and scalability-oriented mindset
- Working knowledge of source control (we use Git & Gitlab)
- Familiarity with the software development life-cycle and project management
- Passion for quality software architecture & design
- Strong communication abilities
- Persistent desire to learn new skills and technologies
Nice to Haves
- eCommerce experience
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Experience with Continuous Integration
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion – 16 days during the first year of employment.
- Employer provided retirement account contributions.
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan, long-term disability and life insurance.
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Free coffee and tea.
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.