Ben Popken is one of our favorite writers for TODAY.com.
He is always finding ways to turn mundane stories into attention-getting headlines (remember, that shakes on a plane story in your Facebook feed? That was him.) Headlines aside, Ben also has a knack for research. So when he tells us there is a better way to do something, we tend to listen.
Now, when it comes to travel — we always want to find a better way. Whether it’s how to find a cheaper plane ticket, a better travel insurance plan or a better way to stay organized. In the travel department, Ben realized that a lot of us have troubles when it comes to packing up. His advice to packing like a pro? Without the wrinkles? Without the fuss? It’s called Bundle wrap.
How Ben says to do it:
- First you make a “core,” using something like luggage organizer. You can also fold up some socks in a shirt. This goes in the center of the bundle.
- Next, lay out a long-sleeve shirt and smooth it out flat with arms out and collars up.
- Take your next shirt and lay it 180 degrees to the first one. Arrange it so the edge of both collars just touch the edge of where the core goes.
- Now you’re going to lay out the clothes in a specific order. Shirts are on the vertical and pants are on the horizontal:
- Longer skirts and dresses
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Short-sleeved shirts.
- Sweaters and knits
Want to see how it’s done? Check out Ben’s video:
MORE PACKING VIDEOS