Cruises that visit the wine regions are always especially popular. All wines are best when selected by the vintners themselves, who always keep the best years and varietals on their own premises. Here are four different wine-specialty cruises:
Windstar – Culinary & Wine Delights of Spain & France
Discover the delectable cuisines and spirits of Spain and France at their authentic best in the company of expert guest hosts who bring you special themed events and activities, daily wine tastings, and informative lectures along the way.
Treat your palate to Europe’s best seafood in Spain’s Galicia region, to sweet port in Porto, cognac in La Rochelle, and world-famous wines in Bordeaux. Spend time absorbing the culture, history, and landscapes that have gone into the creation of each delicious mouthful. Walk among the orchards of Gijon with their 250 varieties of apples, glass of sidra in hand. Follow the pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela and share tapas with them in a social ritual passed down through the generations. Toast a region so bursting with flavor you wished you never had to leave.
The ports include Dover (London), St.-Malo, La Rochelle, Bordeaux (all in France), and Gijon, El Ferrol (Spain) and Porto and Lisbon (Portugal). Sails August 9, 2016
The Wine Lovers Tours
Expore the Wines & Magic of Provence, France – Wine Tour & Rhone River Cruise with Vin Marottoli. See the sun-soaked paradise of the Provence region of France) with its fields of lavender, olive groves and of course, wine!
Vin Marottoli hosts the Wine Lovers Tour on an exploration of the wines, food and beauty of Provence by land and by river. Start in Nice on October 13 (2016) and proceed to the heart of Provence for three nights, tasting and eating the best the area can offer.
Your next stop is Lyon, the culinary capital of France, where you begin a five-day Rhone River cruise on the CroisiEurope MS Camargue, the line recently awarded an Editor’s Choice Award for Best River Cruise Line by Cruise Critic 2014. The ship, the MS Camargue, was just redesigned and re-inaugurated in April 2015.
Ports of call include Avignon, Arles and Viviers, and you will visit the famous Camargue and Ardeche Gorges and more. In addition to the tours and the tour’s own land portion, the cruise line will arrange exclusive excursions to top area wineries for the cruise portion where time permits. The cruise ends in Lyon on October 21.
- VIP visits and tastings at top area wineries
• 10 meals including 5 gourmet lunches or dinners on land portion
• All meals and beverages on the cruise portion
• Sightseeing and other activities
• Airport transfers
• Deluxe motor coach (for land portion and our own wine visits during the cruise)
• Hosted and organized by Vin Marottoli, wine educator, writer and 10 year host of “The Wine Expert” radio show*Note: An optional 2 days trip extension in Nice is available. For more information and itinerary or to make your reservation, visit www.WineLoversTours.com/wine-tour/provence-france-rhone/.
Coastal Wines of California – Princess Cruises
For something closer to home, join the Brander Vineyard Coastal Wine Cruise along the coast of California and Mexico. Enjoy private wine tastings on board with Fred Brander in Santa Barbara and Valle De Guadalupe. Explore these two wine regions in two parts of the world close to home.
Sails: January 18 – 22, 2016 on the Crown Princess from Los Angeles.
The cruise includes:
- 4 nights cruising on the Crown Princess in beautiful accommodation.
- All meals and entertainment on board.
- Hosted by Fred Brander, winemaker and owner of Brander Vineyards as well as Lee Abbott and Devon Ogden from “Tasting Talk.”
- Private group cocktail party on board.
- Private Wine tastings
- $25 on board credit per cabin
Private Shore Excursions (additional charges):
- Visit Brander Vineyard in the Santa Ynez Valley personally escorted by Fred Brander for a tour and tastings as well as other wineries (to be announced).
- Visit Lechuza Vineyard and other wineries in Valle De Guadalupe, Mexico, located in San Antonio De La Minas, one of Mexico’s largest wine growing regions.
Food & Wine Trails The President’s “Ultimate Wine Cruise”
Sail for seven nights on the ultra-luxury 540-passenger Silver Spirit, personally escorted by Larry & Laura Martin and special wine expert sommelier Kelly McAuliffe. Kelly has lived in Provence for 25 years and was the head sommelier for Alain Ducasse and Christian Étienne’s restaurants. He emjoys very strong ties with vintners producing the best Rhône Valley wines and has become one of the world’s most knowledgeable (and also most entertaining) Rhone wine experts.
Enjoy private events, parties, and wine-paired dinner featuring rare Rhône Valley wines. Silversea Cruises’ all-inclusive lifestyle offers complimentary beverages in-suite and throughout the ship, including the only Relais & Châteaux restaurant at sea, the only “Slow Food” inspired restaurant at sea.
- No limits on bringing wine on board and NO corkage fees
- Open-seating dining
- Optional private shore tours
- Optional pre-cruise 2-night package to Valpolicella wine region
More Details here: http://foodandwinetrails.com/president2015