Academic Explorer Trip Cancellation
If your main concern is the unforeseen keeping you from going on your trip, then the Academic Explorer Trip
Cancellation plan is the option for you. This plan includes a robust list of covered perils, such as
cancellation due to a covered delay that causes you to lose 50 percent or more of the time spent in your
destination (available to residents of most states). This benefit offers reimbursement for the pre-paid,
non-refundable trip cost that you would otherwise lose. If you would like a plan that offers other post
departure benefits such as trip interruption and emergency medical expense reimbursement, please see the
Academic Explorer All Inclusive or Cancellation and Interruption plans.
- Insurance Underwriter
- AM Best Rating
- Years in Business
Coverage amounts are per person, unless otherwise noted.
Coverage amounts and
options are subject to change based on residence and other factors.
- Trip Protection
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Cost
- Trip Interruption
- Financial Default
- 10 Day Wait (Trip Cancellation only)
- Terrorism in Itinerary City
- Foreign and U.S. Domestic (Trip Cancellation only)
- Optional - Interrupt for Any Reason
- Optional - Cancel for Any Reason
- 75% of non-refundable Tuition Expenses,
non-refundable Travel Expenses
[Requires purchase within 15 days of Initial Trip
Payment](This option requires additional premium)
- Baggage Loss
- Baggage Delay
- Travel Delay
- This plan does not offer Medical benefits.
- This plan does not offer Evacuation benefits.
- Accidental Death
- This plan does not offer Accidental Death benefits.
- Additional Benefits
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance
- There is no coverage for travelers over the age of 70.
Individual quote: Available to students actively enrolled in or residing at a US
school and participating in an academic travel program.
Group quote: Available to students, faculty, and chaperones that will be traveling as part of an
Academic related program. All participating students must be included on this plan. If covering any
faculty, chaperones or parents, all must be included to have coverage.