The AIG Travel Guard Gold Deluxe Trip Cancellation plan primarily offers coverage for trip cancellation and trip interruption. This helps to protect your monetary investment in the event that you have to cancel your trip prior to departure or after you have already left, due to one of the listed covered reasons.
There is also baggage protection included in the plan which reimburses you if you need to purchase necessities in the event that your bags are lost, damaged or delayed during your trip. Travel delay coverage is provided as well, which reimburses you for additional costs you may incur for food or lodging in the event there is a covered delay while you are traveling.
In order to tailor this plan to your specific trip, the plan offers some optional add-ons to consider:
- Business Protector — Coverage for lost or stolen business equipment, business equipment delay, emergency business equipment rental and emergency document courier.
- Cruise and Tour Protector — Enhanced coverage for additional transportation and a subsistence allowance needed because of a missed pre-booked cruise or tour departure due to the cancellation or a schedule change of your cruise or tour by the cruise company or tour operator.
- Expanded Benefits Upgrade — Increased benefits for baggage delay, additional airfare event benefit, entertainment benefit, wedding coverage, hurricane coverage and meals & accommodations benefit increase.
- Golf Protector Coverage — Coverage for lost or stolen golf equipment, coverage for emergency golf equipment rental and coverage for an unexpected green fee cancellation due to a medical condition making you unable to play your scheduled round of golf.
- Ski Protector Coverage — Coverage for lost or stolen ski equipment, ski package cancellation (due to a medical reason or an avalanche) and emergency ski equipment rental.