Travel Insurance Agent
Working in the Customer Care Department, the Travel Insurance Agent serves a critical role in helping to educate our customers about travel insurance and helping them to navigate through the many plans we offer. As the primary contact with our customers, the agent is expected to be professional, knowledgeable, friendly and accurate, with the goal of providing the best service possible to our customers.
- Provide sales and service to our customers via incoming calls. There is no cold calling.
- Ask questions to determine the best plan for the customer’s needs.
- Update changes to existing orders.
- Maintain updated knowledge on products, services and procedures.
- Maintain communication with management team regarding suggestions for improvement that will have a positive impact on the work environment or the customer experience.
- Work to develop new skills and grow with the organization!
- Experience in customer service and an interest in helping people
- Ability to obtain a Property & Casualty insurance license (we provide training and materials)
- Excellent communication and grammar skills and the ability to converse with a diverse customer base
- Ability to work evenings (until 7PM Eastern Time) and weekend days (other days and shifts available with seniority)
- Strong PC and keyboarding skills, and internet familiarity
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
- Ability to effectively assist customers through multiple methods of communication including via telephone, email and live chat
- Possess strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- A good sense of humor and ability to have fun while working in a professional environment
We provide a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Generous paid time off (PTO): 12 paid company holidays plus 15 PTO days to be used at your discretion.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 6% company match.
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans are available.
- Company paid long-term disability and life insurance.
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization.
- Flexible work schedules and a great work/life balance.
- Work a hybrid schedule in our Rhode Island office, dress in casual attire and work in a comfortable office with free parking. Qualified remote candidates also considered.
InsureMyTrip is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this position, send your resume to [email protected].
Salary Range for this position is $18.75 per hour to $26.45 per hour (40 hour workweek).