We’re looking for a talented designer with a passion for both web/user interface design and user experience. The ideal candidate will have a combination of these skills along with an ability to create engaging experiences leveraging research, data and great design while always designing with the user in mind. This person will collaborate with and effectively communicate with team members such as developers, other designers, project managers and management, while also being able to give and receive constructive feedback. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a thirst to expand their knowledge about usability, design and web technologies. They will enjoy spending time with other knowledge-hungry peers discussing the latest technology trends while in the presence of foods like pizza and tacos. Lastly, they will look forward to a kitchen full of bacon dishes at least twice a year.
- Executing interaction design and visual design from sketches to prototypes through final solutions.
- Creating compelling experiences that work across our most commonly used device types (i.e. mobile, tablet and desktop).
- Collaborating on user experience planning with peers and team leads.
- Researching user interface and interaction design trends, always working to stay up to date.
- Researching user experience best practices, sharing findings and knowledge with the team.
- Analyzing user data, interviews and monitoring customer feedback.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of professional experience in interface design for website and web applications.
- Able to leverage usability studies and data to identify user pain points in order to make improvements on experience, flows and interfaces.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability along with the ability to sketch out ideas.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
- Ability to create wireframes, prototypes as well as visual design comps.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Axure and associated design tools.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience working with Agile / Scrum or similar project methodologies.
Additional "Nice to Haves":
- Strong working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, LESS or SASS.
- Strong understanding of Responsive Web Design best practices, familiarity with Bootstrap, Foundation or similar.
- Familiarity with designing for Content Management Systems.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Computer Science and or related design fields with an emphasis on human computer interaction.
- A love for table-top gaming skills is considered a huge plus to some of us.
- Please provide us with your resume, a link to your online portfolio, and if you want, tell us your favorite breakfast food.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Generous paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion – 16 days during the first year of employment.
- Employer provided 401(k) retirement account contributions with full vesting after 30 days of employment.
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan, long-term disability and life insurance.
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Free coffee and tea.
- Free annual flu shot.
- Free annual travel insurance policy.
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office with free parking.
Send your interest about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're always interested in hearing from talented people!