In the event of a claim, you may be required to supply the following:
-- Sponsoring School/University name
-- Insured's First and Last Name, Date of Birth, and Address
* If possible, The Nationwide Policy Reference Number - to confirm the Academic Explorer Program that was purchased.
In the event of an emergency, please have the following information readily available:
-- Plan Name
-- Policy Number (to verify plan coverage)
-- Location of Insured
-- Hospital Name
Tampa, FL 33623
Should anything unexpected happen while you’re on your trip and you need to file an insurance claim, all claims for products sold through InsureMyTrip for Education must be submitted by the sponsoring school or university to the insurance company. Below is more information about how you can best prepare for a claim.
What’s my role in the claims process?
Our customer care team does not process claims but is available to offer support and guidance as needed. All documentation must be submitted to the travel insurance company in full for the claims process to proceed.
When filing a claim, the following information will be needed from the insured:
- A group roster listing all participating travelers
- Sponsoring School/University name
- Insured's First and Last Name, Date of Birth, and Address
- If possible, The Nationwide Policy Reference Number - to confirm the Academic Explorer Program that was purchased.