- Academic Explorer Cancellation and Interruption
Academic Explorer Cancellation and Interruption
The Academic Explorer Cancellation and Interruption plan provides specific coverages that protect your monetary
investment in your academic travel plans. Trip cancellation benefits provide reimbursement of your pre-paid and
non-refundable expenses if you are forced to cancel your trip prior to departure due to unforeseen covered
reasons. There are also trip interruption benefits if you are forced to cut your trip short after you have
departed, again, due to a covered reason. In this case, reimbursement would be for the unused portion of your
covered trip cost.
In some states, additional options for Interruption For Any Reason and Cancellation For any Reason are offered,
provided you meet the necessary requirements.
Other benefits include:
- Lost Baggage
- Baggage Delay (if your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours)
- Travel Delay (if you are delayed for more than 6 hours due to a covered reason)
This plan does not include emergency medical benefits or medical evacuation and repatriation. If you would like a
plan with those coverages, please see the Academic Explorer All Inclusive plans.
- Insurance Underwriter
- AM Best Rating
- Years in Business
Coverage amounts are per person, unless otherwise noted.
Coverage amounts and
option availability are subject to change based on residence and other factors.
- Trip Protection
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Cost
- Trip Interruption
- Trip Cost + 25%
- Financial Default
- 10 Day Wait (Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption)
- Terrorism in Itinerary City
- Foreign and U.S. Domestic (Trip Cancellation & Trip Interruption)
- Optional - Interrupt for Any Reason
- 75% of non-refundable Tuition Expenses up to $5,000
75% of non-refundable Travel Expenses
[Requires purchase within 15 days of
Initial Trip Payment](This option requires additional premium)
- Optional - Cancel for Any Reason
- 75% of non-refundable Tuition Expenses,
non-refundable Travel Expenses
[Requires purchase within 15 days of Initial Trip
Payment](This option requires additional premium)
- Baggage Loss
$250 per article limit
$500 combined max. for specified
- Baggage Delay
- 12+ hours
- Travel Delay
- 6+ hours
- This plan does not offer Medical benefits.
- This plan does not offer Evacuation benefits.
- Accidental Death
- This plan does not offer Accidental Death benefits.
- Additional Benefits
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance
- There is no coverage for travelers over the age of 70.
Individual quote: Students actively enrolled in or residing at a US school and
participating in an academic travel program.
Group quote: Available to students, faculty, and chaperones that will be traveling as part of an
Academic related program. All participating students must be included on this plan. If covering any
faculty, chaperones or parents, all must be included to have coverage.