Can You Help Me Understand My Travel Insurance Policy?
Last updated on 01/22/2020
Travel insurance is not a significant commitment, but it is the best one you can make when traveling. That said, if you don’t understand the policy you purchased, you could be giving yourself a false sense of security.
You can avoid future claims frustrations by thoroughly reading and understanding the benefits and coverage outlined in the policy. Some providers even offer a review period, allowing you to go over the intricacies of the policy and giving options to cancel and change plans if the current one does not meet your needs.
Every plan is different from another. There is no cookie cutter way to explain a plan, but you should focus on critical components of the plan to review.
Travel Insurance Plan Details to Understand
- Benefits included in your policy
- Coverage limits, so you know exactly how much protection you have
- Company reasons and thresholds, which vary by insurance plan and provider
- Exclusions, which are crucial to a streamlined claims process
- Contact information for the provider, in case you need assistance or to file a claim
While the documents can be lengthy and filled with legal jargon, licensed InsureMyTrip representatives are ready to answer any questions you may have regarding a policy. We encourage you to ask questions during the buying process as well as during the review period if your policy has one. Be sure your plan covers all your needs and all your travelers to ensure your total protection.