Academic Explorer Trip Interruption
The Academic Explorer Trip Interruption plan provides specific benefits for trip interruption. If you are only
concerned with being forced to cut the trip short and return home ahead of schedule, due to a covered reason,
and are not worried about having additional benefits for medical or evacuation, then this is the plan to go
with. Coverage is provided to reimburse you for the unused portion of the trip, based on how much time is left
when you cut it short, as well as for covered additional expenses incurred to return home last minute. The Trip
Interruption plan does not cover cancellation, so no benefits are provided pre-departure.
Other benefits include:
- Lost Baggage
- Baggage Delay (if your bags are delayed for more than 12 hours)
- Travel Delay (if you are delayed for more than 6 hours due to a covered reason)
- Insurance Underwriter
- AM Best Rating
- Years in Business
Coverage amounts are per person, unless otherwise noted.
Coverage amounts and
option availability are subject to change based on residence and other factors.
- Trip Protection
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption
- Trip Cost + 25%
- Financial Default
- 10 Day Wait (Trip Interruption only)
- Terrorism in Itinerary City
- Foreign and U.S. Domestic (Trip Interruption only)
- Optional - Interrupt for Any Reason
- 75% of non-refundable Tuition Expenses up to $5,000
75% of non-refundable Travel Expenses
[Requires purchase within 15 days of
Initial Trip Payment](This option requires additional premium)
- Optional - Cancel for Any Reason
- Baggage Loss
$250 per article limit
$500 combined max. for specified
- Baggage Delay
- 12+ hours
- Travel Delay
- 6+ hours
- This plan does not offer Medical benefits.
- This plan does not offer Evacuation benefits.
- Accidental Death
- This plan does not offer Accidental Death benefits.
- Additional Benefits
- 24-Hour Emergency Assistance
- There is no coverage for travelers over the age of 70.
Individual quote: Students actively enrolled in or residing at a US school and
participating in an academic travel program.
Group quote: Available to students, faculty, and chaperones that will be traveling as part of an
Academic related program. All participating students must be included on this plan. If covering any
faculty, chaperones or parents, all must be included to have coverage.