InsureMyTrip Donates Laptops To Local Nursing Homes
Last updated on 08/03/2022
WARWICK, R.I., Jun. 30, 2020 -- InsureMyTrip has completed the first round of laptop donations to nursing homes and assisted living facilities in Rhode Island. The refurbished laptops will be used by local patients so they can stay in touch with their loved ones using video conferencing and other communication technology.
"When visitations to nursing homes were first suspended due to the covid-19 pandemic, patients had few options for communicating with loved ones," says InsureMyTrip Director of Marketing, eCommerce & Strategic Planning Cheryl Golden. "An employee suggested that our retired and working laptops be recycled and sent to area nursing homes — it was a great idea and the effort was quickly underway."
As of today, 30 laptops have been hand-delivered to essential healthcare workers at 13 facilities. Workers will be helping patients set up their laptops and start connecting with family members.
Laptop Donation Recipients
- Hattie Ide Chaffe Nursing Home
- Oak Hill Nursing Home
- Eleanor Slater Hospital (Zambarano Unit)
- Rhode Island Veterans Home (Bristol)
- Berkshire Place Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Evergreen House Health Center
- Orchard View Manor
- Scandinavian Communities Assisted Living
- Cherry Hill Manor Nursing and Rehab Center
- Summit Commons Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- West Shore Health Center
- Woonsocket Health & Rehabilitation
- Oakland Grove Health Care Center
InsureMyTrip plans to keep the donation drive program ongoing and recycle additional working computers.
It's simple. InsureMyTrip finds you the right travel insurance plan, every time. InsureMyTrip is the authority on travel insurance. We are committed to empowering travelers to make the best possible insurance decisions by leveraging our technology, data intelligence, and expertise. InsureMyTrip is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.