2019 Cruise Report: Top Destinations Every Month of the Year
Last updated on 03/28/2023
WARWICK, R.I., June 25, 2019 -- A new report from InsureMyTrip ranks the most popular cruise destinations for travelers, month by month. The Caribbean remains the top place to visit year-round with the Bahamas, Mexico, Italy, Alaska, Canada, and Spain also making the list. Results are based on travel insurance purchases sold for cruise vacations on InsureMyTrip.com.
- The Caribbean islands (like Grand Cayman, Dominican Republic, and Jamaica) are preferred destinations year-round.
- Italy is most popular in July. Alaska is most popular in April.
- September, October and November are preferred months to sail to Mexico.
This list ranks the top five cruise destinations travelers prefer to visit month by month:
- January: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Italy, Alaska
- February: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Alaska, Italy
- March: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Alaska, Italy
- April: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Alaska, Italy
- May: Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska, Italy, Mexico
- June: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Italy, Canada
- July: Caribbean, Bahamas, Italy, Mexico, Canada
- August: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Italy, Canada
- September: Caribbean, Mexico, Bahamas, Italy, Spain
- October: Caribbean, Mexico, Bahamas, Italy, Spain
- November: Caribbean, Mexico, Bahamas, Italy, Spain
- December: Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico, Italy, Spain
Travel Insurance for Cruises
According to InsureMyTrip, 70 percent of cruise customers choose a comprehensive travel insurance policy for trips at sea. Comprehensive travel insurance provides a variety of benefits including trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical coverage, emergency medical evacuation, 24/7 emergency assistance, travel delay and baggage protection.
Cruisers can also choose a comprehensive travel insurance policy that includes cruise-specific benefits. These benefits aim to address travel inconveniences most commonly experienced by cruisers, for example:
Shipboard service disruptions
Example: When a fire, mechanical breakdown, or virus disrupts a cruise.
Port of call change
Example: when a cruise line changes an itinerary prior to departure due to weather or other circumstances.
MORE: Travel insurance geared specifically for cruisers
To schedule an interview with an expert or to request specific research data, please contact [email protected]
It's simple. InsureMyTrip finds you the right travel insurance plan, every time. InsureMyTrip is the authority on travel insurance. We are committed to empowering travelers to make the best possible insurance decisions by leveraging our technology, data intelligence, and expertise.