The number one concern of summer travelers, according to the InsureMyTrip Customer Care team, is hurricane and severe weather affecting travel plans. To continue to travel worry-free, you’ll want to find the best travel insurance plan for your trip during hurricane season (June 1st to November 30th ).
But sometimes, we don’t know what we don’t know; especially when it comes to trip insurance. When you are faced with a purchase that is new to you, how do you know where to start? What questions do you ask? What is a good answer? Is all the information you find legit?
Rest assured, InsureMyTrip insurance agents, licensed in your state, are ready to answer your questions and find the right plan for you and your traveling companions. So whether you give us a call to get some answers or comb plan details online yourself, we’ve got you covered.
Below are the top questions we recommend you ask and understand prior to purchasing a travel insurance plan – especially if you are traveling during hurricane season. Because all plans vary between providers and state, we have not answered these questions here. These questions should act as guidelines to help you shop for the right plan for your trip.
Questions to ask when purchasing travel insurance during hurricane season:
- What will happen if my destination is made uninhabitable by a storm?
- What if my own home is damaged by a storm, and I don’t want to leave on a trip without repairing it?
- What about delays and cancellations on both ends of my itinerary?
- Is there any insurance plan available to me that will allow me to cancel my trip because of a hurricane warning?
- Can I get Cancel for Any Reason coverage? Would it be wise for me to do so?
- If I have to interrupt my trip because of bad weather, what kind of insurance will cover the cost of my missed travels?