TruTravel Insurance First Class
The TruTravel Insurance First Class plan has now been re-branded to the Nationwide Prime plan, and is no longer available for purchase. View the Prime plan here.
The First Class plan may appeal to you if you are looking for higher coverage limits to protect your financial investment. There are many important coverages included within this plan:
- Trip Cancellation — reimburses you for the pre-paid, non-refundable expenses that you will lose in the event you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason prior to departure.
- Trip Interruption — if, post departure, you need to end your trip early due to one of the listed covered reasons. This plan offers up to 200% of the insured trip cost, which can help to defray the cost of an emergency one-way ticket back home.
- Baggage Delay — which can help to reimburse you for necessities you need to purchase due to your bags being delayed for 12 or more hours.
- Travel Delay — if your travel is delayed for 6 or more hours, due to a covered reason, this coverage can reimburse you for food or accommodation expenses that you may incur.
- Medical and Emergency Medical Evacuation — coverage for unexpected illness or injury that occurs during your trip, and, if needed, arrangements to transport you to a better equipped hospital.
- Pre-Existing Condition Waiver — if the plan is purchased within 21 days of your initial trip payment (and all other eligibility requirements are met), then the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion will be waived.